Monday, November 17, 2014

Woche 22 - Remembering Our Purpose

Meine liebe Mutter,


I can't believe it is snowing there. It hasn't snowed here yet, but it is okay. Haha


We had Stake Conference about two weeks ago. It is still interesting to hear everything in German. But I am getting used to it. It is actually weird thinking everything back home was all in English. Small German sayings have become so natural to me.

 
I will definitely keep the Molinas and Brother Nelson in my prayers. But it is so amazing to have the knowledge that families are able to be together for eternity. And that they will be able to see Sister Nelson again. 


The English Book of Mormon Children's story book is exactly what we need. So thanks!


Oh, and I think it is easier to order church resources online. Someone told me there was a missionary discount on lds.org. Maybe you could look into that. 


Well, Elder Thomas finally got his license so he will actually be the designated driver. And anyway, I actually didn't have any road rage. I drove really safely and carefully and was patient. See, we do learn things on a mission! 


I can't believe Becca is leaving so soon! I remember getting the email saying she got her cal. How crazy! I am so excited for her!  


Well, we got the hang of transportation here. The times and routes just make no sense and are just bad. But, luckily we have the car. 

 




Woche 22


Montag

Monday was Elder Wilkins' birthday! So funny thing, not really though. The package from Elder Wilkins' package from his mom actually didn't come... He got a letter saying it was somewhere way north in Hamburg and his mom got told it was stolen in San Fransisco. So not very great for Elder Wilkins. But we made him cinnamon rolls and bought him a scarf. He was so happy! Elder Wilkins is so awesome. He works so hard and really tries to follow the Spirit and do the Lord's will.



Rest of the Week


So we are teaching a man named "S". He isn't very religious and he is in the German military. He read in the Restoration pamphlet and we are hoping to meet with him again and discuss it with him.




We had a lesson with "N" on Monday and today. He is from India and is here for school. He knows a little bit about Jesus Christ. We talked about the Plan of Salvation and the Restoration. We invited him to read the Book of Mormon and to pray about its truth fullness.




We also met with an Italian couple this week, "C" and "M", and we talked about the Book of Mormon and the Restoration. Miguel "M" isn't very religious, but thinks Mormons have a lot to offer. "C" seems to have a lot interest. We will meet with them next Friday, so hopefully they read in the Book of Mormon.




Yesterday, Elder Thomas and I had a wonderful discussion about missionary work.

-our purpose goes beyond baptisms

-our purpose goes beyond member work and less active work

-our purpose is to bring others nearer to Christ

-while it is through the restored gospel, our purpose includes daily service

-our daily service often is a small smile and hello


And this morning I had a dream. I was looking for something very important in my dream. 'I don't remember quite what I was looking for though. But I remember I wasn't looking hard enough. I was trying to get others to find it. I would call people and tell them of my predicament. And then I went to go see my emails. I had 96 emails! (that isn't the point...) And one of the emails was from Paul in the New Testament. I read the email. He told me that I was looking for something but I wasn't trying. I needed to try and look for myself. And from what I found, the Savior would double what I had found. It was really profound. 




Ich habe euch Lieb!



Tschüß



Mit Lieb

No comments:

Post a Comment