Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Week 5: The Fight for Truth

Week 5: MTC -The last week

Youth Conference! It sounds so cool. Is it on campus like at Mizzou? It sounds super fun. How long are you staying there? I hope the weather is nice and that your plan goes well. I'm sure it will be awesome. You usually make plans that keep the attention of the youth(:

So, I have gotten a couple letters, but not the package. I hope they get here on time, but I am sure if they don't, the MTC presidency will send it to my mission. So, thank you so much for the iPod. I cannot believe it took 9 hours for the songs to download! (Mom note:  It took 9 hours to sort through music and make the playlist, not download, lol)

So, we don't get a P-Day next week since we leave super early on Wednesday morning. But I do believe we email you that morning before we head out. And I think we email you once we get settled at the mission home. So, that pretty much means this was my last P-Day. I can't believe I have been here for almost five weeks.

I hope that Ryan will be able to come to church this week so they can assist Ryan with their project. Tell them I said they are doing an awesome thing for Ryan.

I cannot really say this week has been that slow for me as it has been for you. When do Neil and Daniel start school?

Haha, is the back room being normal? You clean a little of it, and then something just explodes back there and it becomes messy again?

I really enjoy the letters I receive. They really come at the right time. Letters are sometimes the best support I can get over here. But, you are doing an awesome job supporting me. And I can never receive too many letters ;)

I'm not sure if anything strange happened here. Another missionary and I almost died today if that counts for something. We were cleaning the top of some counters, and Elder Griffey was getting off the counter and he slipped and almost fell on me and almost smacked me with a cupboard door. But he caught himself and did not hit me.

I will write a letter about my spiritual highlight. It was so crazy and insanely good, but very deep and inspirational. President Durkin was definitely listening to the Holy Ghost.

So, all of those pictures are mine. Even the ones of the Apostles. Don't you just love it?

It is nice to hear that members are coming in to fill the shoes of those who left. I bet Cezar is just ecstatic that there is another trumpet player in the ward. How  many people have moved into to the ward?

I can't say much about the pictures myself. We are doing the same thing every day and we can't have our camera everywhere as to not distract us. But, once I get into the field, I will have tons of photos all the time, so don't worry mother, just have patience.(:

So my week has been very similar but yet so different than the other four weeks. I have learned so much. So last P-Day was our last Temple visit here in the MTC. That day (even though I always stay until the end) I had a very strong impression that we should stay in the room just as long even though my companion wanted to leave early. We had prayed and read scriptures while in the Celestial room, it was so amazing. It turns out later that we wouldn't be going back. I am just so thankful for the impressions the Holy Ghost can give us. I also learned to rely on my Savior so much more as a missionary. I have really been trying to pour out my soul in prayer and strive to have a conversation with my Father rather than just a monologue. It has really opened my eyes to the things Heavenly Father wants me to see and to do. I have been blessed through these things. On Sunday, we had a lesson abut Joseph Smith and the many things that were brought to this world through him. During one of our District discussions, I was able to bear testimony of this great man. I said that I know that this church is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. If this wasn't the true church on Earth, the adversary would not have fought against it as hard as it did. Joseph Smith knew exactly what he was doing and exactly how true the message was. He withstood do many trials and tribulations, as well as the Saints. They pushed on with a steadfastness in Christ and know we are here with an exponential growth in the church. What a wonderful example they are to us. It was quite humbling to myself. I didn't ever fully realize the fight for truth until I had said those things. It was such an amazing moment for me.



So, I keep learning Deutsch. The grammar is easy to grasp, but the vocabulary is not as easy.  On Saturday, we are only going to speak Deutsch. The entire day! No English, it will be extremely hard, but we will learn so much from it. So, two nights ago, I gave my first Priesthood blessing. It was a tad nerve wrecking because I didn't want to mess up. But it was such a learning experience as I put my faith into the Lord and let the spirit guide me.

I know that this is the true church here on Earth. I know that Jesus Christ leads this church through the living Prophet and Apostles. I know that what I am doing is a mighty work and is part of God's purpose and work. I am so grateful to be here, and to have the ability to bear witness of Christ and of the truths that His church withholds. I love you so very much. I hope and pray for the best for all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment