Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Week 3: I Trusted God

Week 3: The MTC



 Wow, it seriously feels like I didn't have a life before the mission. It seems like an eternity ago. But it also feels like I just arrived here in the MTC. Weird...
Anyway, it is still amazing here, but sometimes it is a little tough. I am way behind everyone else in my German, and it is really frustrating. Everyone else either took German in high school or they grew up with it, so I feel like I have a huge disadvantage. That has been something I have been struggling with a lot, but Sister Fenton(the Sister who doesn't have any background in German either) and I just laugh it off. We are constantly using German and praying in the language. And every time we pray we ask for the Gift of Tongues. This past week I worked really hard overcoming these thoughts. I worked extra hard in Language Study and I try to learn new words or ask people to repeat what they said. And during one of our lessons, the investigator was about to leave for work and was pushing our message away. I couldn't follow everything being said during the entire lesson, but as my companion finished with first vision and our investigator was about to leave, I opened my mouth and just started to testify to him. I didn't really know what was going to happen but I trusted God and did it. It really set a nice mood before we left and gave him something to ponder on. I know this is just the MTC and our investigators aren't real, but I know that Lord blessed me with that moment to give me confidence and that if I keep working hard I will surely be blessed.
So after that experience, my German learning has been coming along a lot better. I know so  much more from the first week I was here.
England MTC Photo
Map of where the missionaries are from

Last week, I bought a Welsh book of Mormon and this week I bought a Simplified Chinese Book of Mormon. I know that sounds weird, but I like collecting copies of the Book of Mormon in other languages.
I did receive the SD card adapter and the music. and most of the mail. It takes about 6-7 days to reach us here, so there might be some mail somewhere over the Atlantic right now.
I would really like photos sent to me via snail mail. I personal like it better in person. I will send a picture next week, but my wall is covered with pictures you sent and of the apostles.
So today we had the opportunity to go to the Temple yet again. I don't think I will ever get over how peaceful it is there. It just brings me comfort and love from Heavenly Father. It also reminds me of my purpose here on a Mission.

So today we got stopped at ASDA(the British Walmart) and talked to some people there about the church. They said they have never seen this many missionaries. It was really cool and neat.
Outside of the flat President Hinckley lived when he served his mission in England.
So I thought it would be cool if you just got see any other parents who have kids in my mission. We have: Elders Hunt, Hunter, Samuelson, Griffey, Carr, Mourick, Annen, Killpack, and Howarth. We have: Sisters Cook, Wilkes, Fenton, Bushman, Smith, and Angeloudis.

Our 4th of July was fun. We sang all American songs, wrote on the board scriptures calling America the New Jerusalem. It was quite funny, especially since our teachers are all here from the UK.
 
I am super excited for Cedara and her mission. I know she is going to love preparing for and the MTC. One of the ESL Sisters here is going to the same mission. Sister Dias, that would be neat if they were companions. Some advice: get prepared to eat a lot and talk to lots of people back home.
So our Sunday was pretty awesome. Of course our devotionals were super amazing. Elder Scott gave a blessing to all those learning a second language, how cool!!! We walked around the Temple grounds and had a great testimony meeting. I said mine in Deutsch.
So I better get going, we are having dinner with an Area Authority.
Ich weiß dass das Buch Mormon wahr ist. Ich weiß dass die Kirche wahr ist. Ich liebe mein Familie. Ich weiß dass Gott uns liebt.

No comments:

Post a Comment