Friday, June 20, 2014

The Blessing of Peace

One of the hardest parts of saying goodbye to Michael had to do with the fact that I wasn't sure when I would hear that he landed safely in England.  That really caused me the most anxiety.  Many people kept telling me it could be more than 10 days.  That caused me a lot of stress.  I was having a hard time dealing with my emotions as I went to bed on Wednesday.  I prayed for peace and comfort and surprised myself when I fell asleep.

I woke up to a short email from Michael letting us know he arrived. 

Mom, we just made it to the MTC about 4 hours ago. All is well, and my bags made it here as well. The MTC is just amazing and beautiful. We only have a few short minutes today, but I wanted you to know that I have felt so much support from you guys and I am so grateful for that. I love you so much.

It is amazing at how quickly the feeling of peace came over me and the confirmation that this is exactly where he is supposed to be.  I am grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord and also the blessings we have been promised already coming forth as a Missionary Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment